View Single Post
Old 4 Jan 2016, 09:10 (Ref:3601956)   #61
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Blimey makes me realise I'm best off staying below 3.5T for my race vans! When I was driving trucks I don't think it was so complicated.
This from a non gov site trying to put the regs into plain English-

"There are always queries. And Confusion. The sheer idiocy of making drivers subject to two sets of rules beggars belief."

It also says that when on a ferry or train, you must have access to a couchette or bunk IF taking a normal (11hr or 9hr) rest period during the 'voyage'. Suggests to me the crossing has to be at least that length of time, or you get off and park up for the remainder.... (It is allowed to interrupt the rest period up to twice for total of 1hr- In other words boarding and disembarking.) As Dover Calais and other short crossings are nowhere near long enough, no way can you take them as or add to a rest period.