View Single Post
Old 27 Feb 2016, 15:36 (Ref:3618251)   #46
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geraint Owen View Post
the Simpson Hybrid type may give you more room behind your head.....worth a look

Certainly does for me when I tried one at RaceRetro yesterday. I took my Bell open face helmet with me to try different Hans devices, but none of them worked for me. They all tended to push the back of the helmet forward and with the seat angle I was most concerned about (Porsche 917 and 30 degree lay back seat) were impossible to use in a simulated driving position on the floor with the wall acting as my bulkhead.

Finally, and feeling a little worried and desperate, I tried a Simpson harness, and bingo, it was perfect, and whats more it is totally useable at any angle and in all three of my cars.

Little in the way of framing, more in strapping, so I thought wow, this will be a huge saving in money over a Hans ......... wrong .............. £495 was the best price I could get. One should not put a price tag on safety, but I was totally amazed by that figure.