View Single Post
Old 20 Apr 2016, 05:12 (Ref:3635021)   #142
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
Firstly, congratulations to Jaden Dodge on winning the championship etc. I hope he carries on and maybe finds some additional funds to take him another step if that's what he wants. Good on him anyway, it was actually a pretty entertaining series with a decent grid for a change.

Secondly, shoving somebody away who is getting in your face is not "decking" them and the abusive foul mouthed guy in question was not a sponsor of the series at all, rather a self-opinionated loud mouth sticking his nose into other people's business where it was not wanted.

Just to clear that up.

OT but I see they have sealed the new section of track at HD now, can't wait to see the finished product!
I raced in the Utes and would like to say I found the series to be very good. After the first round I did I pondered continuing in the series due to some interesting driving.

The class then but a drivers standards process in place and cameras in all the vehicles which cleared it all up. I raced the next 2 rounds

My view

1 jayden dodge well done the boy had talent. Rowan shepherd showed great conisistency and drove well. I think he surprised a few runners

2. Parity. I believe the class was very close and the Utes all seemed very close. I know when I started pushing into the top 10 my ute was well checked

3. Sponsors well I only had great responses from Rick, Deon and Mark and his band of supporters. Punch up I'm not sure on I wasn't there but I never saw anything close to that and most of the sponsors where treated extremely well with a great BBQ at each round the sponsors could attend.

4. Next year. If I can get a sponsor who likes the TV coverage that the Utes receive I'll be back running again. They really helped me improve my driving style and pushed me to be better as a driver. The top 10 drivers are all good drivers and I've only raced 20 meetings in my life and I think I showed some raw pace even getting a fastest sector in a race.

I went in with a bit of a negative view but after being part of it I'd rate it for any driver who wants good coverage for a sponsor and decent running costs. Parts were so cheap thanks to the factory support from Ssangyong and they were helpful in getting me faster.