View Single Post
Old 20 Jun 2016, 20:10 (Ref:3653936)   #8
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Had the most fantastic race with the current FJ champion Bruno Weibel at Monza . We swooped places time after time . Lapping back markers was very interesting as we fought nose to tail . This was the last lap . We were side by side going past start line . I out braked Bruno as I was driving a disc brake car and he is on drums , so off we go to second chicane and Bruno leaves his braking so late he goes past me but misses apex and I duck up inside and go ahead . I'm looking in my mirror and thought "yes" got some space now . Through first Lesmo all good second Lesmo perfect onto Asscari and I'm quick and steady but there is the pesky Swiss driver again up along side me. We go to the Parabolica side by side brake at 100 board and Bruno goes wide . I duck up inside and get on the power . He covers my line on I move to outside as I've got the run coming out of the corner . It's a race to the line but Bruno is ahead by 4/100 of a second . Brilliant just brilliant .