Thread: LM24 Radio Le Mans
View Single Post
Old 22 Jun 2016, 09:11 (Ref:3654377)   #471
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
From a trackside perspective I had no problem whatsoever with coverage at the end, and I valued the speculation about a photo opportunity finish or the brief 'got the end of the race wrong' idea above a totally transparent 'he's got an engine problem' which might have happened had they access to the car/pits radio. It gave us half a lap of wondering rather than resignation, and if the purpose of watching motorsport is to instil a sense of wonder isn't that a good thing?
I do kind of get what you're saying but no I think in this case I'd firmly like to know what's actually going on rather than speculation/confusion.

It's not RLM's fault at all given the circumstances and I had no issues with it trackside either because I was completely none the wiser. It's only when you get back and reflect on the situation that you realise they were technically constrained in how they reported on one of the biggest moments in Le Mans history. I'm sure it will either get fixed or they'll be a contingency next year.

Aside from that though I massively enjoyed RLM on the whole across the week. The earpiece is bolted into my ear the entire time so we live and breathe the race with them. My only issue was that (for the second year running) Hindy turns up for the final two hours in a confrontational mood and at the end of the 24 hours it just really grates. Not saying he shouldn't question things, but the tone just skews needlessly negative for me.