View Single Post
Old 13 Sep 2016, 21:51 (Ref:3672234)   #1813
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ospi View Post
Well I hope the old homologation isn't withdrawn, because it's a major unexpected expense to dump on teams, particularly in elms with only 2 rounds remaining and some haven't had even an inkling of an issue with the package.
I am only speculating on the withdrawal. I don't know how these things work. I would assume that if you have to make a case based upon safety that you may not then be allowed to keep the old homologation in place (especially if the part in question was so dangerous it should be immediately withdrawn).

But there might be extenuating factors such as you mention. Especially if the failure is not pervasive. They may allow continued use of the old for a short period of time (end of 2016 season??) If someone has insider or direct knowledge of how this process works, please speak up. I assume this is not the first time something like this has happened and that precedents exist for how to proceed.

Richard