View Single Post
Old 1 Nov 2016, 09:32 (Ref:3684473)   #96
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
In reality my comments about this is not to justify any type of punishment via the stewards, but rather as part of my earlier comment about that I agree there should be a requirement in certain corners for how to reenter the track. So that in this case, if that had been in place, Lewis would have had a reentry path that would have been quite slow by design and he likely would have lost a position or two by the time he was on track and up to speed. All of which without any involvement of the stewards! And it would have been the outcome regardless of it was a malicious and calculated act, he just screwed up, or a mechanical issue. A gravel trap would have done the same, but it would have likely resulted in a retirement vs. his ability to continue and entertain the fans.

Richard
That's why it should be a small trap placed relatively close to T3. That way you have plenty of time and space to use the gras field in front to avoid the gravel so cars don't get stuck and can continue the race, but you WILL loose time passing it left or right.

The problem now is that you can turn the car sufficiently to point it towards T3 on the tarmac on and next to the track of T1 and then you only have to go straight on the grass, not only traveling a shorter distance but even having a higher T3 exit speed as well.

A small gravel trap as per above will fix it.