View Single Post
Old 13 Feb 2017, 12:33 (Ref:3711825)   #11668
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
And now thanks to the FIA there's no chance of seeing it anyway
I think that's quite a simplistic view of the situation. I think they wanted to see it happen but a few of the teams voiced concerns. Basically read them back their own rulebook from what I can see. If the right money had been available at the right time then I think we could have seen it happen.

There's a good debate to be had on whether the homologation rules should be changed. But it's not like the FIA could just alter them as they went along. I'm sure it was the fastest WRC car ever created so it's a real shame.

Anyway - back on topic.