View Single Post
Old 2 Sep 2002, 14:07 (Ref:371272)   #21
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
re relevance . . . Im trying to build/restore a fairly humble car to race, for several reasons, the MK1 Cortina is my fave car, to build a GT and race prepare it is about all I could afford to do, and I enjoy it all, from welding up rotten chassis rails to going to historic events, at the moment either helping out or just specatating.

If I could take my own car to events and compete, as well as enjoy all the other aspects, it would be fantastic.

tracing the history has not been so easy, GT's wherent raced that much (as opposed to the LOtus) so not much info seems to ba available, although I have managed to settle on a spec for the car which I can afford . . .how original it is I have no idea though, al I want is to get on a track some day and get to the finish without making a complete tit of myself!

the only publications I'm aware of which touch this subject are motorsport, classic Ford and various classic car mags have brief articles, but usually as has been said here, just the big boys and big cars.