Thread: IMSA USCC in 2016 and 2017
View Single Post
Old 7 Mar 2017, 17:44 (Ref:3717087)   #5142
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsburgRS View Post
Looks like 3GT has now been named...

http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/13...lozzi-3gt-case

Lexus has some thinking to do. I presume they have a contract with 3GT, as do the drivers so I doubt they can simply move to a new team without a legal battle and a bunch of time (and races) lost. Would it be a case of stop racing for the year and go somewhere else for 2018?
As a brand, they have to be looking at this stuff very seriously. I'd probably take the hit and terminate the contract now. I'm sure there is language in there to given them an out without a hit, it would be a pretty massive fail on the part of Toyota(Lexus')legal department to not put that in there. I suspect the drivers have the contract with Lexus and not 3GT... this, at least on the surface, appears to be a "we are using your team/equipment/resources but the rest is ours".

Who's to say that Lexus wont just pull the plug and find a new suitor? Plenty to be had.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”