Thread: IMSA USCC in 2016 and 2017
View Single Post
Old 7 Mar 2017, 18:14 (Ref:3717095)   #5143
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
As a brand, they have to be looking at this stuff very seriously. I'd probably take the hit and terminate the contract now. I'm sure there is language in there to given them an out without a hit, it would be a pretty massive fail on the part of Toyota(Lexus')legal department to not put that in there. I suspect the drivers have the contract with Lexus and not 3GT... this, at least on the surface, appears to be a "we are using your team/equipment/resources but the rest is ours".

Who's to say that Lexus wont just pull the plug and find a new suitor? Plenty to be had.
I'm a little surprised one of the parts of the discovery process in finding a team wasn't "What is the character of this organization and its leadership?" Or better yet "Do they have any impending or ongoing litigation?" Or perhaps a phone call to some old friends in the paddock (this isn't Lexus' first IMSA/GA rodeo) to ask "Should we be getting into bed with 3GT?"

Chris