Old 29 Aug 2017, 10:13 (Ref:3762568)   #2825
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
>>>>I would have put money on you having a crap journey home, so glad I didn't! (And glad you didn't...)
I was expecting that too, so it was with trepidation I hit the A303 west on Friday, east on Sunday and into south Wales and back along the M4 Monday. No problems whatsoever apart from 5 minutes through the Bryn Glas Tunnels Monday evening, but that's not unusual. The traffic news had been buzzing with dire warnings all weekend but thankfully it appears to have come to nought on my routes anyway.
Pleased you all had good journeys on our overcrowded roads. I set off for Oulton yesterday at about 7-45 a.m. and all well until signs started to appear that the M62 was closed between J24 and J22 in both directions and the Beeb 2 traffic news was carrying the item. Just before J24 the traffic came to a stop and we took 15 minutes or so filtering off on to minor 'A' roads above Huddersfield creeping along between long stretches of no forward motion at all. Good job I carry a good road map and eventually rejoined M62 at J21 straight in to an 18 mile 50 mph zone. Crap. Finally arrived at Oulton at just after 11-00 a.m, an hour and a quarter late. At least the journey home was OK (except for the 50 mph zone). Seems like the morning problem was an 'incident' on the bridge over J23.