View Single Post
Old 4 Sep 2017, 02:15 (Ref:3764328)   #416
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Considering that the WEC are now seemingly making knee-jerk decisions and how they seem shocked that Porsche left (though the writing was on the wall for nearly a year), it's clear that they don't have a 100% solid plan and I expect things to be in flux.

Also, without LMP1 or GTE-Pro, the WEC is only a step or two away from being a ELMS clone. That the image a lot of people already have of the WEC, and I'm starting to share that view. If the lose the pro classes, then the ACO have two pro-am dominated series under their sanction.

Granted, this does show that the ACO are open to change on their stance on several issues for which they've been criticized. Such as their dedication to running Grade 1 tracks.

I do feel that Sebring is a good move, but I doubt it'll be a long term fixture on their calendar. It's pretty clear they want a stand alone weekend to themselves. And I don't think they'll get that at Sebring. The WEC should be creating their own classic rounds, not necessarily piggy-backing on an IMSA race, no matter how much we (or I) like Sebring as a track or event.