View Single Post
Old 9 Oct 2017, 05:05 (Ref:3773133)   #280
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Might have missed the connection but MediaWeek quotes the average audience as 1.2million viewers where as V8SC quotes 1.8million in the article? Any idea why or where the gap is?

Additionally how did the 17 figures compare to 2016 and 2015?

Interestingly - if you read the comments in the linked article you provided, there is a suggestion that V8SC removed comments from posters which didnt align to their narrative. When did V8SC try and become State Media?
No idea re MediaWeek - the VASC article mentions 10, Fox & WIN, MediaWeek seems to split them up and not show regional numbers that I can see, that could be where the difference comes from. It's not mentioned but maybe VASC include streaming figures too?

No idea re previous years and frankly don't really care too much, just posted the info when I saw it.

VASC wouldn't be the first to moderate comments, I see plenty of complaints about that on Fairfax news sites for example. Personally not a fan of it but VASC is not Robinson Crusoe if they are in fact doing it. Posts removed may have been abusive, rude or incorrect, who knows?