View Single Post
Old 6 Dec 2017, 10:21 (Ref:3785394)   #674
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Think of NGTC as being closer to a space-frame where you hang the body over the cage, rather than a traditional race car where the cage and body become a single item. That's a little over-simplified, but you get the idea.

The old Civic hatch / Type R /Tourer were effectively the same car with minor sheet metal changes. The new Civic is a different space - not as tall but with a longer wheelbase, so wouldn't fit over the existing chassis.
OK -thanks for that. I think I've got my head around it all.

I guess the biggest problem with any attempt to re-use their existing chassis' is the height?

They do have one 2017 build, so perhaps that would be the one that falls Simpson's way. As others have said, it is probably up to Eurotech to fund new builds if they want a new Type-R.