Thread: IMSA DPi Discussion
View Single Post
Old 2 Jan 2018, 14:10 (Ref:3790307)   #3214
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
I can't help but think there's a weight balance issue here. I'm sure the 5.5 will be lighter, unless it's the same block destroked obviously, and IMSA showed last year that they really do want things as equal as possible(even though it took most of the season to get there), so if they're going to be restricted down anyway they might as well switch to an engine that can create a better overall balance in light of it.
even if nissan, cadillac and acura dpi have been set to have a 940kg min. weight, actually is irrelevant because as already stated during last season cadillac and nissan are already about 50kg overweighted. Also riley lmp2 and mazda dpi were overweighted last season.
Guess won't never be confirmed if new cadillac engine is a destroked 6.2L or an updated corvette DP LS9, but I don't expect a considerable weight loss by this swap.

Acura, nissan and cadillac should be in the same torque range now; with acura as the only brand fielded by the closest thing to an official work team (actually don't know if WTR will keep on being supported by GM and dallara like 2017 season.... AXR and SoD won't be for sure).
Is unlikely a cadillac domination like 3/4 of last season.