View Single Post
Old 9 Feb 2018, 23:50 (Ref:3800124)   #1221
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Cannot see tear-offs being an option for F1.
I am not going to quote all your points, but generally agree with your arguments, but feel they don’t support your position. In fact, I think they just reinforce how they probably wouldn’t be a problem. And yes, they would all be in the same boat in that they all would have to deal with the issue. Of course individual situations will impact drivers differently.

If someone feels it’s not dirty enough to be torn off, then leave it alone. It’s not like you have to pull one off at a stop. Anyone who leaves an overly dirty one on just to save a tiny amount of time in the pit (but is then slower on track due to poor visibility) is foolish. Some drivers stuck in tight battles in which they follow others closely may have more problems than someone leading or running alone.

It’s no different than a myriad of other things that factor into how an individual drivers race progresses.

Richard