View Single Post
Old 23 Mar 2018, 15:42 (Ref:3810173)   #1428
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
You don't have to react though to stay safe.

Provided the helmet (and visor) are capable of protecting you from smaller objects, then the car only has to protect you from larger objects.

So perhaps the Halo might be the best solution, if paired with the right helmet construction. In effect the driver is wearing the canopy already.
IMHO, I would say... No. The driver is not wearing a canopy.

Large objects like tires? (solution... add Halo), small objects like springs, or rocks that may hit the helmet? (solution... ?stronger visor? Note: Make sure it doesn't make Vettel dizzy!), objects that get past halo but don't impact the helmet like suspension components (solution... ?upper body armor?)

Keep building up those piecemeal solutions that continue to have obvious gaps vs. looking for comprehensive solutions.

Richard