View Single Post
Old 28 Mar 2018, 17:16 (Ref:3811546)   #852
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Must admit, I didn't think much to it. Some good bits, the aforementioned ATA Ladies, the Spitfire pilot talking about ghosts in the cockpit and the interviews with Dave Morgan and the Vulcan crew but generally I thought it was too trite and too much about McGregor. The build and flight in the Eurofighter took up nearly 1/3 of the programme.

Nothing really about the ground crew and engineering, nothing about AT, AEW or Nimrod, nothing about SAR, nothing about UAVs etc. Of course 90 mins isn't long to do a single programme about the history of the RAF - should have been a series - but take McGregor's gushing out of it and they could have fitted all that in. Sorry! I must be getting grumpier in my old age!
Not for me to say, but.... Sorry it didn’t live up to your expectations, but you’re right about trying to cram a series into one 90 min programme. I enjoyed the Typhoon, especially the shots of them taking off. Reminded me of the EE Lightning with its vertical climb......