View Single Post
Old 4 Apr 2018, 17:08 (Ref:3812840)   #1267
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Not sure if I like this change. But at least it's not another 6 hour race. Seems like IMSA has to be the 'bigger' race and having the title of the 12 hours of Sebring wasn't enough.

"Not sure if I like this change."

Why not? The only questions/negatives I can take from this is wether or not Sebring can handle the influx of attendance for the shared weekend between fans, VIPs, sponsors etc, and the fact that Conti may have to race on Thursday instead of their usual Friday race. Either way, the benefits that Sebring will reap from this will be exponential. What is not like? I'm sure you wouldn't feel the same way if you chose to attend the weekend in 2019.

"Seems like IMSA has to be the 'bigger' race and having the title of the 12 hours of Sebring wasn't enough."

It's not as if this has been one of America's premier endurance races since 1952 for goodness sake, so I think it goes without saying that IMSA is the 'bigger' event. As much as it undoubtedly irks some WEC fans, the WEC will always play second fiddle to the likes of a Sebring 12...or even a Daytona 24 or Petit Le Mans for that matter...all of which predate the revived WEC (2012) by either two decades to half a bloody century. That is not just petty IMSA Fanboyism, that is fact.

Just because your favorite series has "World" in it, does not give you license for arrogance.