View Single Post
Old 21 May 2018, 12:24 (Ref:3823749)   #84
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
During the end of show round-up on ITV, Tim Harvey mentioned that the switch of engine suppliers was to save money.
Thanks - hadn't caught that.

I understand the need to look for cost-saving measures at all times, in even the most affluent of teams. It just seems a bit unexpected to look for ways to change a title-winning package unless the financial situation forced them to find a cheaper option.

In hindsight, given that the CoG advantage of the Boxer has been eliminated, it makes you wonder why they didn't just put the normal Swindon unit in for the cheapest of all options? Do the owners of the chassis mandate that a Subaru unit must be installed?