View Single Post
Old 21 May 2018, 13:58 (Ref:3823758)   #86
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Well yes but is Neal the same person as Plato?
I feel one factor that needs to be considered here is the relationship between the driver(s) and their teams.

Plato takes his talent to differing teams, along with a chunk of sponsorship money, in the hope of getting a car that can win in return. He has little personal interest in the long-term prospects of the team - or his teammates. This was evident in his previous comments about preferring a win bonus to seeing Sutton win races. (not criticising, it's a refreshing honesty).

Neal on the other hand, is effectively driving for his family team. The family business(es) bring money to the team, and allow him to fulfil his passion for racing. This carries over to the Mini team that his sons race for too.

There's a reason why Plato has driven for multiple teams, in multiple marques since 2004, whereas over the same period Neal has been TD/Honda exclusively, aside from 2yrs in the Vauxhall.

I get the impression that Neal is working on assisting Cammish in developing the new Civic to be the best on the grid, and is almost as happy to see Cammish get results. Whereas Plato is only interested in his own personal results, and would happily move to another team if it suited him.