View Single Post
Old 12 Jun 2018, 01:00 (Ref:3828548)   #17
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
On the RLM preview for LMP1, as well as on twitter, Hindy seemed extremely bitter about Alonso and headlines made of him. Especially when it came to him not talking to their pitlane reporter at the end of test day, in the name of Formula 1 arrogance or something. I mean yes some of it was tongue in cheek and he did made some admissions but for those listening to the station during the week just heads up that ranting is likely to feature heavily...

edit. Dragonspeed's Hedman looks like he'd rather be anywhere else than on that stage lol
If you recall, he's always been the one to shoot down F1 and it's gimmicks like DRS or it's lack of passing. What I've seen is that the disdain towards F1 and it's drivers (namely Alonso) has now passed to Toyota because an F1 driver is in their team. It's a double edged sword now. He's brought attention to the WEC and Le Mans but he's being blamed for it because it's focusing mostly on him, and Toyota to a lesser extent. I think this is causing a blowback to these sportscar pundits. It's sad imo. It's not Alonso or Toyota's fault they are in the news more than someone else. It'd be ideal if the coverage for the WEC/LM had more variety but at least it's getting attention from Autosport/Motorsport.com. I'll enjoy the race and it's classes regardless of what RLM thinks. I'm sure a lot will.