View Single Post
Old 13 Jun 2018, 16:14 (Ref:3828958)   #99
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I think there was an issue with the TV Graphics. In the link here, you can see the flag being waved and the graphic shows 70/70. Vettel still has one more lap to complete though....
The link proves nothing. It shows 70/70 and the flag being waved, but the first car in sight is Ricciardo (not Vettel)
The 70/70 is correct at that moment since the leader has already passed start/finish and at that exactmoment it becomes 70/70 instead of 69/70.

But if they flagged when Vettel crossed it (which they did, hence his questioning over the radio) it was still 69/70 when he arrived out of the last corner and only 70/70 when he crossed the line.

So the question (or: my question anyway) remains: how could anyone possibly misread 69/70 ?
I don't buy that explanation.

EDIT: I see Richard Casto already offered the same explanation a few days ago. I didn't read as far back as I should have.