Thread: IMSA IMSA : 2019
View Single Post
Old 22 Jun 2018, 17:49 (Ref:3832546)   #274
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm assuming the ACO knows something we don't and has more interest from large manufacturers rather than just McLaren and Aston Martin. Otherwise, it is a bizarre direction to go in that screws the new P1 manufacturers and privateer teams. 2020 is more than an aggressive time line without something already in the works.

I really doubt that IMSA will be incorporating the new formula immediately because it just doesn't make any sense until the current P2 cars are at the end of their lifespan (2022?). The DPi formula has proven to be successful by attracting top manufacturers, teams, and drivers, so I hope and don't really see the point in messing with it at this time.

I hope this works out for the ACO and Le Mans but I was surprised not to see an evolution of the P1 rules. I naively assumed we would have a GTP/Group C type situation.