Thread: IMSA DPi Discussion
View Single Post
Old 3 Jul 2018, 01:49 (Ref:3834382)   #3295
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I believe the homologation was set last year, they were on draft homologation but required submission of parts and why they're being changed to IMSA for testing. I don't know if it was finalized at some point but I would assume Mazda and Acura are running on draft this year. Mazda with their Joest attempt to fix a pig and Acura getting the same treatment as the previous DPis.

Does anyone have set proof, not the usual I heard from X, that homologation was ever set or that development is still ongoing? It's not like we hear every race about new parts they've been testing and the new spec car but then the FoxSports crews aren't that diligent on a good day

My closest IMSA source retired from their job in the offseason, so the following is all what I've heard through the grapevine. In short, take this with a grain of salt.

What I've heard is that Nissan and Cadillac have locked in a homologation of all parts at Daytona, and must get IMSA approval to install any new design parts.

Acura supposedly does not need to homologate until next year because this is their first year, and Mazda is being given room to work both because the base chassis also required a complete overhaul and because they partnered with a new team.

Like I said, I no longer have a reliable source, so if anyone with better info can confirm or refute it would be much appreciated.