Old 2 Aug 2018, 20:23 (Ref:3840955)   #93
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I guess if drivers had got a significant number of recent races in the bag, they'd struggle to be considered a one-off entrant?

I wonder how many of the drivers that are being listed here have some form of mitigation to justify there lack of success? I would imagine that if a proper analysis was made, and a bit of backstory given, others who may not be aware of certain drivers could make a judgement on whether the driver was really deserving of the title 'worst' - or just a victim of circumstance? (a la GP Rejects)

For instance - how bad is a driver who succeeds Ayrton Senna to a title?
Or that Spence was showing promise in a Touring Car, but his crash may have contributed significantly to his decision to withdraw from racing?

There's a lot more discussion to be had around these drivers I feel, and look forward to reading the story behind one of these 'worst' touring car drivers - hopefully we can get there and move on from short statements into some real discussion.
Of course, apart from picking holes in most if not all my posts (that's what it feels like even that's not the case), crmalcolm has a point. Not all drivers are bad, most are let down by the machinery at their disposal and this point is kind of what I've been trying to make myself, I'm just not very good at explaining things.