View Single Post
Old 26 Aug 2018, 17:34 (Ref:3846335)   #141
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcanary View Post
I think that if things goes against him, his head goes down really quickly nowadays and the motivation isn;t really there now to rise above the machinery. He does seem to sometimes give up - as when voluntarily retiring at Thruxton when he was struggling in one of the races, and starting from the pitlane when he is in a fast-starting car.

He really was nowhere today and against hat may have been down to the conditions. It required really high levels of motivation to perform well today.
I think you're right with both these points. We've seen some onboard cameras with him after a race where he's started near the back and finished near the back, and he's thrown some right strops - forcing the window net down and chucking it about. He's clearly frustrated and angry, and since he can't get the car to work for him, he can't channel the anger into anything productive.

I also don't recall him being particularly great in the wet. He's not bad, obviously, but he's never been one that you say "wet race, watch out for Jason". So this weekend was probably the worst possible for him. We saw Sutton getting sideways over kerbs and power sliding about, but we also saw Jason sliding but rather than controlling it like Sutton, he'd have to straighten it up and lose all the speed down the straight. He just can't seem to get ontop of the car in the wet like Sutton can.

A combination of a career winding down, a strange car that he's unable to get to grips with, watching his teammate take titles, and building frustration is really hurting him.