Thread: Team Ferrari: in F1
View Single Post
Old 6 Sep 2018, 15:13 (Ref:3848506)   #90
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
My consistent "belief" is that Ferrari was/are just trying to hide proprietary info and not trying to do anything illegal. I am not a Ferrari fan, but I don't get why every discussion that is about technical topics + Ferrari seem to morph into questions of "cheating".

Not to mention the incessant need here to weaponize posts so they can prove they are right, or to zing others with "I told you so" moments.
That's the modern internet for you

Anyway: I've been on a fair few grids, F1 included albeit not many of them, and teams of all shapes and sizes from small club entrants up to Ferrari try to cover certain things up to prevent competitors from seeing how they're setup, what they're running etc etc. It's been like that for decades and will continue to be - almost nobody is cheating, per se, they're just trying to get the upper hand over their opposite numbers.

It's all a bit "please move along, nothing to see here" - just like when Mercedes used to deliberately mask part of the back of their car with mechanics so nobody looked in the cockpit.