View Single Post
Old 12 Nov 2018, 14:41 (Ref:3862760)   #302
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
That's exactly the way I saw it during the race - Ocon had massive overspeed on the straight and led (briefly) approaching the corner, falling back by a few feet as he braked and turned into turn 1, but remaining broadly alongside into turn 2.

When I'm racing, if someone comes up quickly on me, but I'm able to get into a corner marginally better by being inside, I don't immediately turn into the next corner assuming that car has gone away....

This isn't hindsight, its plain common sense.

And the expression on Lewis's face when asked in a post-race interview whether he would have taken the same line as Max did was classic as he tried to come up with a polite response....eventually just grinning and saying ..."no"...

His wasn't hindsight either - although he doubtless couldn't believe his luck as he watched Max throw away his race win through pure hubris.

this 100 percent

but hey its youth over experience, its something Lewis has had to learn too. only difference is, lewis learnt...max seems somewhat stubborn