View Single Post
Old 12 Nov 2018, 15:12 (Ref:3862772)   #309
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
It is indeed getting tedious, but that's what happens when you're grasping at straws to make a pretty meaningless point for whatever reason. The stewards disagree with you, as does Charlie Whiting as does yours truly. And have given excellent reasons why.

Verstappen did not take a chance or a risk. No driver should expect a lapped car to fight for position. Verstappen did exactly what he was supposed to do. Ocon is the only one who took a unjustifiable risk and Verstappen paid the price for it. I will remind you once again Ocon was penalized with a 10 second stop and go which is the harshest penalty short of exclusion. Charlie Whiting has succinctly explained why.
don't think ive seen Lancs or anyone here saying Ocon didn't deserve a penalty, he clearly did. but your black and white argument painting Max as completely blameless is ludicrous.

Fact is, he could have given space, he knew Ocon was quicker and alongside into turn 1/2, and was in tyre protection mode. there was ZERO point in risking a situation with a driver that had nothing to lose and risk coming off worse, which he did.

This is exactly the point that Lewis and others were making to Max after the race.....and I hope for his own career that he starts to take that advice onboard. Kids got immense talent, but needs some racing savvy to maximise it