View Single Post
Old 20 Nov 2018, 19:59 (Ref:3864572)   #109
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
Without disrespecting your post @bella, saying that halo could have saved Sophia from her back injury is also a big assumption
it's based on a quote from frits van amersfoort speaking to radio 5 live when he said the following:
Quote:
She flew into the fence and then into a photographers' stand. Her head was compressed by the impact and that compressed the spine, which is why she had the fractures. Surviving that is really incredible.
on that basis, if the car was fitted with a halo, it would have been between her and the structure, right? don't get me wrong, i think the halo isn't a great solution to the problem it's trying to solve but suspect that this is one of those cases where it would have at least reduced the amount of damage the accident did to her spine. which is what it's there for, isn't it?

i respect her and her family for being so open about the operation and her injury. hopefully she carries on posting reasonably frequently about her journey back to race fitness - like midgetman says, she has quite a high profile at the moment and perhaps she'll be able to carry that forward and get some more money behind her.