View Single Post
Old 3 Dec 2018, 09:06 (Ref:3867585)   #1844
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
Is it though? Let me first say this: of course they could not be expected to fight with Rebellion with Hedman driving, and I would also like to stress I feel Mr. Hedman can do with his money whatever he wants and I applaud him for making it possible to put another car on the LMP1 grid.

But. This is still LMP1, the top class. They complained at Spa that the rules were unfair to them because of their bronze rated driver. Who, by the letter of the rules, should not even be allowed to race in the class in the first place! Racing in the top class should still mean something. ByKolles know they're not going to fight for wins on pace either, yet they still seek out any competitive advantage they can get. I still can't think of a single good reason not to participate, can you?
I think you've pretty much answered your own question. The sole purpose of this programme is to give Henrik Hedman the opportunity to race in the top class in the WEC. The team's decision not to take part in the Shanghai tyre test, and their reasons, tells you all you need to know. They will not risk the car, or put additional miles on the car, outside of mandatory sessions. It all comes down to money, and the cost/risk of attending the tyre test clearly outweighs any perceived benefit, in the context of this particular programme.