View Single Post
Old 20 Dec 2018, 06:33 (Ref:3871569)   #3388
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Ah, but I already have a set of Webers.........
That’s far too logical a reason.....

I’ve long held the impression that car owners were always finding an excuse to junk their Dellortos in favour of Weber’s....

Going back to ‘which race car’, Peter is quite correct about MGBs giving you a huge amount of choice of where and with whom to race. (Goodwood seems to be an exception, unless Fordwater grid is inviting one or two.) But, you can’t race a B in any Pre 63 series, whereas a +4 gives you that extra choice- if the car is declared on its HTP as being 1962 or earlier, of course.....

Gerard, I can’t answer your question regarding TR gearboxes.

Healey 3000s are now so well developed that there is hardly any point in entering anything else that runs in the same class. At least one organiser has received requests to amend their class structure as a result, and another has introduced Rev limiters for them and other big engined cars.....