View Single Post
Old 28 Dec 2018, 20:13 (Ref:3872879)   #3636
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Blimey someone got out of bed the wrong side! Think we need to change Grant's screen name to Grum P

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Not really Max.

But in a 25 minute journey home I encountered a number of remarkably thoughtless activities from people one would expect to be thoughtful.

And the chap on the hill in the commuter traffic probably had no appreciation at all that oncoming traffic would find it very difficult to see him for a number of different reasons. But that was a few weeks ago...

Yesterday was the turn of an idiotic Audi driver.

In the new M1 South lane off the A50 junction near us he wanted me to brake or move over to let him into the LH lane - but far too late for that to be an option. So he cut up the van behind me, overtook in a 50 limit at about 80 (I was not dawdling) carved between two other cars, jumped a red light onto the M1 J24 roundabout and appeared to be heading off towards the Kegworth exit - suggesting that he knew all along that he had been in the wrong lane.

There really was not that much traffic about at the time so the entire exercise seemed to be very unnecessary.

However I'm not averse to a new nickname if you wish to allocate one!

A long time ago I was travelling south out of Leicester with my parents on a wide road and quiet traffic compared to what we see today, when a chap in an Austin A50 van overtook at some speed. 40mph and residential area either side of the road. He also passed the car in front of us and then darted in to avoid a pedestrian refuge in the middle of the road. There were several along that stretch at the time.

He lost control of the van, had a major tank slapper, missed the refuge and hit a lamp post head on in the centre line of the bonnet. The van spun 90 degrees around the lamp post onto the grass verge. No seatbelt. You can imagine that it was not a good outcome.

Apparently he had just left a wedding reception.

My father attended the inquest as a witness.

The Audi driver actions yesterday seemed oddly reminiscent of that incident in some ways.

As for the others on Boxing day ... I would guess they would be the first to complain if one of them had sustained some sort of injury due their own actions. I bet all of them were drivers but with brains turned off on the day.

It just annoyed me that the runners were so self absorbed that they seemed not to recognise that moving 3 ft to their right for a few seconds would make things more reasonable for other road users as well as add to their own safety.

Maybe it's just a sign of the times ...

At least they were not wearing any hi-viz gear ...