View Single Post
Old 15 Feb 2019, 05:17 (Ref:3884296)   #749
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Peter I think maybe you've got two different situations mixed in together. Under EU law VAT cannot be less than 15% (Source: Wikipedia). However the VAT rise from 17.5 to 20% was definitely a Conservative/Lib Dems coalition choice as this article sets out:

http://www.channel4.com/news/article...t/3688427.html

As an aside, because I'm not VAT registered I buy goods from Europe with VAT added on as any consumer would. Racewear comes from Germany attracting 19%, awning spares from Italy attracting 22%. If we leave on WTO terms presumably I'll pay VAT at 20% via the import agent as I do on my Far Eastern purchases - and on the smallest packages there's never any VAT or duty added. So I may be better off, although delivery times are all over the place if customs get involved.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Yes I do recall the coalition doing it. So outside the EU it can reduce to below 15% although I doubt it.