View Single Post
Old 15 Feb 2019, 15:54 (Ref:3884411)   #760
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Great Britain is the name of the island, not the name of the country.....

If you're referring to the sovereign state, it's the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
UK and Britain are acceptable shortenings of the full name, but referring to the country as GB excludes NI, and all other islands.

The 'Great' has nothing to do with strength or quality of the country, just the size of the mainland compared to other islands.
You miss my point, unsurprisingly as it is not put over very well, however, I am attempting to explain what I perceive as people's reason for voting 'leave'.

It is a basic sense of wanting to be free, it is virtually impossible to totally free in this day and age, the state sees to that, however, 'Leave' is being free of foreign interference in out domestic life. Sovereignty of our (admittedly poor) Parliament ability to pick our friends, not those chosen by Brussels. It is not, as I said in my previous post, a 'project', it has no written agenda, or particular plan, it is an instinctive desire to be our own master.

Sure you can marshal all kinds of facts, arguments, reasons, fears, and even threats against withdrawing from the EU, but they cut no ice with the leavers.

OK1 Mike "Britains never, never will be slaves"

And if I can't convince you, and the behaviour of our European partners as represented by Tusk, Juncker, Barmier, et al doesn't, then I guess nothing will.

My advice? Emigrate.