View Single Post
Old 12 Mar 2019, 18:51 (Ref:3889956)   #609
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I hope by now enough components to allow two cars with rule compliant parts to race have made their way to Australia.The big question is how Williams can move on and hopefully make some progress.I wonder if the problem has it's origins on the high quality of the engineering in the Patrick Head era;in that he had such oversight of the technical aspects of the car that Frank could get on with the rest of the business knowing that the engineering would be sound and of a competitive standard.

Since he retired they have had Sam Michael,Mike Coughlan,Pat Symonds and Paddy Lowe all failing to lead a return to the glory days.All the names I listed (and I might have missed one or two) are competent and were left to get on with things.Somewhere between this level and the people on the shop floor there must be something going wrong.Should we blame the Williams family for employing a succession of good people or should they have had a -for want of a better description-Senior Technical Consultant?Its a bit like having a dog and having to bark yourself.Is there a culture that is no longer adaptive and focused on racing?Something needs to change or this season will simply be more of the same we have seen for the last few seasons.