View Single Post
Old 1 Apr 2019, 00:56 (Ref:3894577)   #81
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
I don’t think that Hamilton or Mercedes were lucky. Vettel span all on his own, after Hamilton had already passed him. Leclerc’s car breaking is very hard on him but it’s not luck...Ferrari should simply make their cars as reliable as the Mercs.

Hamilton does not make mistakes; all his rivals do. Mercedes make bullet-proof cars; their rivals don’t. This isn’t luck, it’s the sort of sustained sporting brilliance which causes rivals to melt under the mental pressure. I consider it a privilege to witness.

Leclerc does seem to have both the speed and mentality to challenge if Ferrari can give him a good enough (note: good enough, not merely fast enough) car. That said, there’s a very big difference between challenging for wins at the start if a season when expectations are low, and challenging for a title at the end of the season, especially when (1) it’s Merc/Hamilton you are fighting and (2) it’s Ferrari you are driving for.