View Single Post
Old 1 Apr 2019, 15:14 (Ref:3894677)   #20
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Im not sure where or how exactly SV damaged his front wing, but if it was from the kerbs maybe Ferrari made set up choices that ultimately caused different issues/vibrations which led to the engine failure in their other car.

Pure speculation on my part but along the lines of the difficulty in seperating the car from the team.... In other words, i guess im not really making much of a point at all.
The consensus seems to be that the wing failed due to vibrations, caused by flat spots following the spin.

So it could be argued Vettel broke his wing by causing his car to vibrate too much?

'Worse, though, was that the spin appeared to cause vibrations on Vettel’s medium tyres which then led to a dramatic moment when his front wing submarined under his car down Bahrain’s back straight, forcing him to pit for a new nose.'

Vettel: 'I obviously had the spin [...] Due to that I had a lot of vibrations so when I was going down the straight I had lots of vibrations and that caused the front wing to break.'