View Single Post
Old 8 Apr 2019, 12:08 (Ref:3896218)   #256
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Teams are watching the TV coverage, and we've seen in other series teams lodge appeals and protests based on what has been seen and said on TV. It's absolutely not out of the question for someone to protest something due to seeing it on TV. 2009 Australian GP with the Trulli and Hamilton incident is the most high profile example of this, but it happens in sportscar racing a lot.

It's a commentators job to draw the viewers attention to significant events. Tim is far too diplomatic at the best of times, and now he's just not bothering.
But if a commentator is drawing the viewers' attention, he is also drawing the teams' attention. Therefore, unless he highlighted every single infringement that he spots on screen, he is open to accusations of bias.

Better off to leave the officiating of the event to the officials, and than pass his comment on matters once they are in the hands of the officials. As implied by the title 'commentator', he should be passing comment not passing judgement.