View Single Post
Old 11 May 2019, 12:37 (Ref:3903140)   #639
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69 View Post
I'm hanging for someone to enter a Lynk & Co and some point
Superb!

Fun fact: the Civic TCR is technically an FK7 (standard Civic) not a Civic Type R which is an FK8 model code. I take it that is because the rules require cars to run conventional MacPhearson struts up front and disallow any kind of those dual-axis split-knuckle things like those found on the FK8?

Given that, I guess these TCR cars have some rather dramatic torque steer on the exit of very low speed corners (say under 80 kph)?

Quote:
What a ridiculous rule for a start-up series

I can understand a desire to have all 'late-model' cars on track, but turning away a team before you've held an event sounds about as short sighted in my opinion as putting the car/grid limit in place and not working out a deal with Rod Salmon

I don't know. If you buy the current model Civic it will be in date for a long time, which rather offsets the slightly higher purchase price. If you buy the old model, it is only going to get more and more out of date, when it's 5 years out of production it's not a good look for the series I guess. Whereas if you buy the current shape, in 5 years time it will still be the current shape (with facelifted bumpers perhaps).

Requiring facelifted bumpers and taillights where applicable is neither here nor there IMO. Not a big deal.