Thread: New SRO GT2
View Single Post
Old 1 Jul 2019, 13:12 (Ref:3915328)   #112
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Actually, GT4 laptimes have been surprisingly stable at least till 2017, when I had a talk on that subject with SRO's Claude Surmont. Unless things have really escalated over the last two years, GT4 really isn't following the trajectory of GT3.

Gesendet von meinem Moto G (5) mit Tapatalk
They do appear to have learned a bit from the GT3 insanity. BUT there isn't really the push for factory drivers in GT4 classes yet similar to GT3s. IMSA has banned Platinum drivers in the GT4 cars and I believe has restricted a few others as well before they were bumped up. If GT3 becomes truly untenable and costly then GT4 becomes precarious, there's nothing between it and GTE for factory drivers and we can see how tough that class is from privateers. GT2 doesn't seem like it could be a replacement for GTDs if GT3 implodes and GT4 is no where near fast enough. But it could be another series similar to Lamborghini SuperTrofeo as an undercard race.

Honestly I would at least watch the race, maybe not if it's all Porsche but it's an interesting idea. The first race at Spa sounds interesting and the fact they are letting the 935 "remakes" race as well is intriguing. How many will race and then immediately get garaged for the provenance and investment remains to be seem though, and sadly I think it will be a high number.