Thread: IMSA IMSA : 2019
View Single Post
Old 1 Jul 2019, 21:02 (Ref:3915414)   #1243
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Ever thought IndyCar would come to IMSA and beg them to have a shared weekend? The Robin Miller article on Racer just posted might be indirectly hinting that. Not saying it directly though. How about that. How was Watkins Glen attendance this year? Did not go this time. Sometimes it is deceiving because the place is built for NASCAR audience. So yes I found parking at the Glen for the 6 hours to be rather easy. Not a bad thing of course always.
It seems like neither Indy nor IMSA pull a decent audience trackside but think the track gives IMSA a deal where Indy had to pay to rent the place. It could be tough with all the support series to have the track time for IMSA, Michelin Pilot Challenge, GT3 Cup Challenge USA and Super Trofeo with 2 series running a longer than usual race if you add in Indy, possibly Lights and F3/4 to the mix. I mean I would go for sure but I don't think they're marketing to a guy who has a season pass to Road Atlanta and has already been to the track 6 times this season.

There wasn't much downtime in the schedule for the weekend so it would have to greatly change the planning and extend the days trackside. http://www.theglen.com/~/media/03AD5...15DEC93DB.ashx