Thread: WEC WEC 2019/20 season
View Single Post
Old 19 Aug 2019, 20:49 (Ref:3923446)   #549
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I think what happened was they were tired of paying more and more each year or new deal for the F1 race and they renegotiated with everyone, not just F1. I don't know how much they make for the other series that race there but I do know that the British GP has easily 100k+ people just on race day. And that has to be the main money maker.
I repeat: under the old deal Silverstone was losing money on the F1 GP, despite a sell-out at vast prices. So they activated the contract break clause and negotiated a better deal. The WEC has nothing to do with this process and it was certainly not Silverstone’s choice to drop it. On the contrary, keeping the big events was even more important when the future of the F1 GP was uncertain.