View Single Post
Old 4 Sep 2019, 08:11 (Ref:3925721)   #61
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Last year the website clearly stated what grandstands were going to be open each day. This year it was vague, as Snoody says.
I also searched and failed to find the lists of open grandstands online, but there were signposts dotted around the circuit which did list the details and they were all listed on the little fold up pocket guides that were available at various outlets around the circuit.

Sunday, frankly, demonstrated a complete lack of care and understanding for racegoers...2 hours of race time confiscated and given to Bahrain (why??? NOBODY asked for or wanted that !!!!!), no additional support race (or races) to compensate for the shortened programme, no food outlets on the outside perimeter from opposite pit exit to Woodcote (walking anti-clockwise), no big screen opposite Club, the BEST grandstand (Becketts) closed. Between them, the ACO/FIA and Silverstone failed to provide the facilities and put on the headline Sunday show that we, as paying punters, have an absolute right to expect. Friday and Saturday were as good as ever, excellent schedule, adequate food outlets around the perimeter on Saturday, maybe a couple more open grandstands would have been good (Club, although without a big screen opposite it loses its appeal somewhat) etc. etc.

The biggest crowd was, as you would expect, on the Sunday, yet it was the day offering the least value. The shortest programme on track, starting more than an hour later than on Fri/Sat and finishing at least 2 hours earlier, with just 4hrs 35mins of on track entertainment (compared with 7hrs 20mins on Friday and 7hrs 15mins on Saturday).

I know of many who, because of the reduced race length, decided not to bother to go this year. I also know of many who went this year (and have done so for many years) who, unless the race is returned to it's six hour format, will not bother to go next year.

At a time when the organisers should be making a BIGGER effort to retain it's fanbase, they are mocking us. Me, I am incensed. I feel cheated, irritated and frustrated. Why change a schedule which has worked perfectly for years? Why try to fix something which isn't broken?

GIVE US BACK OUR TWO HOURS!!!!!!

Last edited by Bentley03; 4 Sep 2019 at 08:59.