View Single Post
Old 15 Oct 2019, 08:32 (Ref:3934588)   #252
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Gow should be fuming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
BTCC regulations stipulate that cars become ineligible for use if they are used in another championship during the same calendar year.
So, the VW's will be barred from participating in the BTCC for the rest of 2019 once they've been used in this championship.

I wonder if that regulation will be reviewed for 2020?
I'm not sure why Gow should be fuming? That regulation is there to stop teams entering other series to get additional testing miles under their belts at BTCC circuits (if the TCT started at Snetterton for example the BTCC teams could otherwise enter that round and hone their setups ahead of the BTCC round at Snetterton). It's just a regulation to stop in season testing - so HARD running in the TCT after the BTCC season has finished is no drama.

There's a chance that the HARD cars will be a third of the grid for the TCT round. I suppose it'll be their biggest grid of the season?