View Single Post
Old 9 Nov 2019, 08:10 (Ref:3939380)   #137
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Buriram could use some more trees and embankments around the perimeter, I'll give you that. I'm less concerned about the grandstands and pit buildings though, especially since the 2004-05 window, when you had Bahrain, Shanghai, and Istanbul all join F1. Since then, I've been kind of desensitized to the successive one-upmanship we've seen with the steadily newer and newer circuits.

I'd be concerned about losing even more of the context/surroundings with a night race at Sepang. As it is, a lot of the camera angles don't take advantage of actually showing off the circuit's setting. As for F1 at night, Bahrain and Singapore are pretty squarely in darkness from start to finish, and I do like having the one race, Abu Dhabi, that goes from light into darkness.

I'd feel better about The Bend if they'd simply try the shorter (3.076-mile, 18-turn) course first. See that you don't have too many headaches on the more open layout before getting in too deep. Also, with a lack of recognizable landmarks and an abundance of medium-speed corners, I'm not sure how many people are ready to watch 6 hours on a circuit where the fastest class may only be lapping in the 2:45s.

Aren't the previous generation of LMP2s going to be running in the AM category? In that case, isn't it pretty much just going to be the new-gen LMP2s running up front?