View Single Post
Old 15 Nov 2019, 13:34 (Ref:3940739)   #113
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4 View Post
Sometimes it's necessary to go trackside whilst cars are still circulating which is why we have yellow flags and SC which the drivers ignore because they think they're NOT for them to obey, heed or even take notice of...they do this at their peril
There's a video from Silverstone a couple of weeks back which shows two cars overtaking and running wide whilst marshals are attending a car in the gravel. One of those marshals is me. Sadly (!) the video just misses me giving the drivers a hard stare and a very pointed shrug, of which they seemed to take more notice than they had of the flags.

I did once manage to hit a FFord on the helmet with my yellow flag, which did get his attention! (He was running very wide in a place where the post was very close to the edge of the track. I didn't run out in order to hit him with it, in case you're wondering )