View Single Post
Old 29 Dec 2019, 23:20 (Ref:3948990)   #6339
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Great story Cliff. Nice way to end my day . Had special Sunday with visit to my old Fire brigade govener now 80 and not in best of health . We spent a good couple of hours reminiscing the old days . Mainly him shouting and swearing at me as I drove the fire engine with 400 gallons of water sloshing from side to side and the crew getting thrown all over in the back of the pump . One time we had a light aircraft come down in a field . I missed the turn and the full time crew beat us to the crashed plane . “ he never forgave me “. 🤨. Me and Mrs Delta had two drinks and nibbles parties to go to this afternoon . You have to do these things when your a top international race driver “ like wot I am”.🙄. Anyway we had an hour to kill I between so we went for coffee in Henley and blow me down I bumped into another old fireman chum who I had not seen for 20 plus years . This was so nice as we both worked at the same garage back in the 70’s.,On to next do and our guest showed me his car collection . Yes he had Ferrari ‘s and E Type Jags but the best car was a 1930’s built car that was built in Henley . The Squire. Only 7 built . Back home and just watched film “ blinded by the light “.If you get a chance a must watch . Happy New Year .
Another excellent piece . Enjoyed reading that. Should start a book .